I would like to remind everyone that our standard December meeting not be held on Wednesday 12/13, Our Christmas Party on 12/9 will be held in lieu of the typical club meeting.
If you would like more information send us a message!
Our December Club ride is coming up this Saturday 12/16/17!
We will ride out plan is to ride out of Greenrock, and will gauge ride levels based upon number of people and snow conditions but plan to accommodate all levels of riders. See our Club Rides page for more information on our ride classifications.
Below are times and locations for meeting, all times below are the times we will be leaving the location –
- Ride Leaders –
- Adam Bell – Phone number to be in club email announcement
- Ethan Nemcik – Phone number to be in club email announcement
- Front Range Meeting place – Ted’s place, 287 & 14 – 6:15am.
- Laramie meeting place – McDonald’s – 7:45am, We will stop to fuel the sleds at Big D oil then go over to McDonalds after. They have Wyoming tags if needed and non-ethanol 91 octane fuel.
- Arrive at Greenrock parking area – 8:30am.
- Please be geared up and ready to ride by 9am – We will meet inside of Ethan’s trailer – Chris Burandt Edition fifth wheel pulled by a tan lifted dodge.
For current avalanche conditions, check CAIC
prior to the ride to know and understand where avalanche dangers live on the day of the ride. If you do not have avalanche gear please strongly consider the terrain you choose to ride.
Further contact details will be announced on our club email distribution list. If you are not currently a Blizzards member and would like to join us on our ride, please send us a message on our Contact Us
page our on our Facebook
Blizzards will have our radios on channel 7 sub 7 on the radio for the entire ride up all day during the ride.
I would like to announce details for our January Club Ride!
The Blizzards have decided to go to Pinedale, WY over MLK weekend. Many members have been to this location before and it always proves to be great riding and excellent conditions.
We will be staying at the Hampton inn & Suites in Pinedale, WY and have a block rate reserved for our members. Below are the details!
- Hampton Inn & Suites –
- 55 Bloomfield Ave
- Pinedale, WY 82941
- Arrive Friday 1/12/18
- Depart Monday 1/15/18
If you are not a member and would like to join us on our club ride, send us a message through our Contact Us page! We always enjoy riding with new people!
For club members – Details on how to reserve under our block rate will be announced through our club email distribution.
We look forward to seeing everyone on the snow!
Club member Matt Beck with Front Range Powersports rode the snowy range today and reported good snow! Check out Rocky Mountain Sled Conditions for regular updates on base depth and conditions!
Avalanche Awareness Course – January 5th & 6th 2018
The Colorado Blizzards are very excited to host Introduction to Avalanche Awareness. The course will be presented by Brian Lundstedt and his team with Tyler’s Backcountry Awareness. Don’t hesitate to register ASAP as there will be a twelve student limit on this course.
This course is your first step towards riding safer and ensuring that you will always have another ride. We will cover terrain identification, group and terrain management and companion rescue.
- Friday January 5th (classroom portion)
- Location: Lundstedt Automotive – 1401 E Lincoln Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80524
- Time: 6pm-9pm
- Saturday January 6th (on the snow)
- Location: TBA, we will let the snow determine our day trip destination.
- Time: 8am-5pm. (You must do classroom portion to do the on the snow training).
- Intro course content & Equipment List can be found HERE
- Prerequisites: There are no educational Prerequisites for this course.
- Students must possess a snowmobile capable of mountain travel, a great attitude and willingness to learn. Your riding partners will thank you!
- To register send us a message on our website HERE
- Message us on Facebook
- Attendance is free; donations to Tyler’s Backcountry Awareness are encouraged.
- Reservations are not guaranteed until we receive your deposit.
- Deposit: $150.00 Blizzard Members
- $187.00 Non Members (fun fact: membership is $37 annually)
- Pasyment Methods are as Follows –
- Bring a check made out to “Colorado Blizzards” to a Blizzards meeting.
- Mail funds to:
- Colorado Blizzards
- C/O Blaine Thingelstad 2536 W 108th Place
- Westminster, CO 80234
Dianna and Bill R. and Mish and Doug C. volunteered to help the Walden Snow Snakes snowmobile club in Gould the weekend of September 26-27, 2015. They helped clear and mark trails that are maintained by the Snow Snakes. They had a great time helping and steaks and refreshments were provided by the Snow Snakes after the work party concluded. See some photos contributed by Doug below.
A group of us rode out of Albany, Wyoming on Sunday 1/12/14 and found some great powder! Winds were howling but areas surrounded by trees provided some relief. Some of the best snow out of Albany we’ve ever seen! Enjoy the pictures below.