I would like to announce details for our January Club Ride!
The Blizzards have decided to go to Pinedale, WY over MLK weekend. Many members have been to this location before and it always proves to be great riding and excellent conditions.
We will be staying at the Hampton inn & Suites in Pinedale, WY and have a block rate reserved for our members. Below are the details!
- Hampton Inn & Suites –
- 55 Bloomfield Ave
- Pinedale, WY 82941
- Arrive Friday 1/12/18
- Depart Monday 1/15/18
If you are not a member and would like to join us on our club ride, send us a message through our Contact Us page! We always enjoy riding with new people!
For club members – Details on how to reserve under our block rate will be announced through our club email distribution.
We look forward to seeing everyone on the snow!
Club member Matt Beck with Front Range Powersports rode the snowy range today and reported good snow! Check out Rocky Mountain Sled Conditions for regular updates on base depth and conditions!
Avalanche Awareness Course – January 5th & 6th 2018
The Colorado Blizzards are very excited to host Introduction to Avalanche Awareness. The course will be presented by Brian Lundstedt and his team with Tyler’s Backcountry Awareness. Don’t hesitate to register ASAP as there will be a twelve student limit on this course.
This course is your first step towards riding safer and ensuring that you will always have another ride. We will cover terrain identification, group and terrain management and companion rescue.
- Friday January 5th (classroom portion)
- Location: Lundstedt Automotive – 1401 E Lincoln Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80524
- Time: 6pm-9pm
- Saturday January 6th (on the snow)
- Location: TBA, we will let the snow determine our day trip destination.
- Time: 8am-5pm. (You must do classroom portion to do the on the snow training).
- Intro course content & Equipment List can be found HERE
- Prerequisites: There are no educational Prerequisites for this course.
- Students must possess a snowmobile capable of mountain travel, a great attitude and willingness to learn. Your riding partners will thank you!
- To register send us a message on our website HERE
- Message us on Facebook
- Attendance is free; donations to Tyler’s Backcountry Awareness are encouraged.
- Reservations are not guaranteed until we receive your deposit.
- Deposit: $150.00 Blizzard Members
- $187.00 Non Members (fun fact: membership is $37 annually)
- Pasyment Methods are as Follows –
- Bring a check made out to “Colorado Blizzards” to a Blizzards meeting.
- Mail funds to:
- Colorado Blizzards
- C/O Blaine Thingelstad 2536 W 108th Place
- Westminster, CO 80234
Dianna and Bill R. and Mish and Doug C. volunteered to help the Walden Snow Snakes snowmobile club in Gould the weekend of September 26-27, 2015. They helped clear and mark trails that are maintained by the Snow Snakes. They had a great time helping and steaks and refreshments were provided by the Snow Snakes after the work party concluded. See some photos contributed by Doug below.
A group of us rode out of Albany, Wyoming on Sunday 1/12/14 and found some great powder! Winds were howling but areas surrounded by trees provided some relief. Some of the best snow out of Albany we’ve ever seen! Enjoy the pictures below.
On Saturday, January 11th 2014 we had our first club ride of 2014! One of our members guided us to the south of highway 40 out of the Muddy Creek lot. The weather was awesome and the snow was deep! Some pictures below from the ride. Enjoy!
This is just a reminder that our December meeting will take place on Wednesday, December 11th. We meet at Johnson’s Corner Truck Stop in Johnstown, CO. Dinner is at 6:00pm and the meeting is at 7:00pm.
On the agenda this month (Updated 12/9/13):
1. Membership applications
2. Christmas party
3. CSA raffle ticket update
4. Presidents day ride update
5. Details on the riding clinic with Amber Holt